Nova Clinical Services, a Vancouver Island based company, has been coordinating Continuing Medical Education Conferences in Victoria, BC for Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists and other Health Care Workers for over fifteen years. Our goal is to provide affordable CME events which are clinically useful to a wide range of Health Care Professionals.
Mark Your Calendars Now:
Infectious Diseases Update, International Medicine & Tropical Diseases. November 7 & 8, 2014
* Please note we will not be holding our Orthopedic Conference in 2014. Stay tuned for our new event in 2015*
Internal Medicine Update Conference 2014
March 8, 2014
Victoria Conference Centre
This event would be applicable to Family Physicians, Internists, Sub-specialists, Hospitalists and Emergency Room Physicians and Nurse Practitioners and Other Allied Health Care Workers.
This program has been accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the British Columbia Chapter for up to 6.25 Mainpro-M1 credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity eligible for up to 6.5 Section 1 credits as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. This program has been reviewed and approved by UBC Division of Continuing Professional Development. Each physician should claim only those credits he/she actually spent in the activity.
We are very pleased to present our eleventh annual Internal Medicine Update conference. We will be covering many hot and clinically relevant topics which you face every day in your practice both in hospital and office. Topics will be presented in didactic as well as small group session to allow one on one interaction. We have brought together many speakers who are well known for their teaching and presentation skills to make this both a productive and interesting day. The topics will be clinically orientated, and you will be brought up to date on the most current developments in a wide number of areas of Internal Medicine.
Why You Should Attend
Our evaluations showed that 98% of attendees at this event in 2013 reported that the conference met their personal learning objectives and 96% said it would change their practice.
“Perfect event, well organized and I always get pearls I can use the next day” “I attend every year, wouldn’t miss it”.
As a result of attending this program, the participant will be able to apply current knowledge to treat a wide range of Internal Medicine disorders. Throughout the conference participants will be able to network with expert speakers, and fellow colleagues to discuss and resolve some of their Internal Medicine related questions.
As a result of attending specific presentations in this conference participants will be able to:
• Confidently list and discuss the indications as well as pro & cons of Medical Marijuana as well as the legal consequences of prescribing controlled substances.
• Define, identify and discuss at least three of these five conditions: New Oral Anticoagulants, for the basic and the more complicated patient, assessment of the weak and dizzy patient, which endocrine tests not to order, the diagnosis and management of Gout, and the management of Fatty Liver Disease.
• Confidently identify the endocrine drugs of abuse
• Recommend which tests should be ordered for Thrombophilia and formulate a plan of action for management based on the results.
• Reflect upon and discuss what is new in Diabetes Management
• Identify and formulate a plan of action to take in your office during an emergency before the ambulance arrives