Nova Clinical Services , a Vancouver Island based company, has been coordinating Continuing Medical Education Conferences in Victoria, BC for Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists and other Health Care Workers for over fifteen years. Our goal is to provide affordable CME events which are clinically useful to a wide range of Health Care Professionals.
Mark Your Calendars Now:
BC Digestive Diseases Weekend: September 26, 2015
Infectious Diseases Update: November 6 & 7, 2015
Internal Medicine Update: March 5, 2016
Internal Medicine Update 2015
March 7, 2015
Victoria Conference Centre
For Family Physicians, Internists, Sub-specialists, Hospitalists and Emergency Room Physicians and Nurse Practitioners.
This program has been accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the British Columbia Chapter for up to 6.25 Mainpro-M1 credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity eligible for up to 6.5 Section 1 credits as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. This program has been reviewed and approved by UBC Division of Continuing Professional Development. Each physician should claim only those credits he/she actually spent in the activity.
Introduction We are very pleased to present our twelfth annual Internal Medicine Update conference. We will be covering many hot and clinically relevant topics which you face every day in your practice both in hospital and office. Topics will be presented in didactic as well as small group session to allow one on one interaction. We have brought together many speakers who are well known for their teaching and presentation skills to make this both a productive and interesting day. The topics will be clinically orientated, and you will be brought up to date on the most current developments in a wide number of areas of Internal Medicine.
Why You Should Attend 96% of responding attendees at this event in 2014 reported that what they learned would change their practice. “Thanks so much for a great conference once again”, “I attend every year, wouldn’t miss it.”
As a result of attending this program, the participant will be able to apply current knowledge to treat a wide range of Internal Medicine disorders.
As a result of attending specific presentations in this conference participants will be able to:
- Confidently list and discuss the current guidelines for new and older anticoagulants.
- Discuss and formulate a plan of care for your obese patient
- Define, identify and discuss at least three of these five conditions: Urticaria, Hyponatremia, COPD Management, what’s new in Diabetes care, and number needed to treat for benefit or harm.
- Confidently identify and discuss the management of adult Asthma as well as when to request immunoglobulin levels for your patients.
- Recommend which tests should not be ordered in general medicine and discuss why.
- Reflect upon and discuss what is new in Diabetes Management and PMR.
- Identify and formulate a plan of action to take in your office if you receive a College complaint.