Nova Clinical Services , a Vancouver Island based company, has been coordinating Continuing Medical Education Conferences in Victoria, BC for Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists and other Health Care Workers for over eighteen years. Our goal is to provide affordable CME events which are clinically useful to a wide range of Health Care Professionals.
Mark Your Calendars Now:
Infectious Diseases Update: November 4 & 5, 2016
Internal Medicine Update: February 25, 2017
BC Digestive Diseases Weekend 2016
September 10, 2016
Victoria Conference Centre
For information and registration CLICK HERE
Infectious Diseases Update 2016
International Medicine & Tropical Diseases
November 4 & 5, 2016
Victoria Conference Centre
This program has been accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the British Columbia Chapter for up to 12.5 Group Learning Credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity eligible for up to 12.5 Section 1 credits as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. This program has been reviewed and approved by UBC Division of Continuing Professional Development. Each physician should claim only those credits he/she actually spent in the activity.
As a result of attending this program, the participant will be able to apply current knowledge to treat a wide range of Infectious Diseases.
Throughout the conference participants will be able to:
Network with expert speakers, and fellow colleagues to discuss and resolve some of their infectious diseases related questions.
Upon completion of the conference participants will be able to:
• Identify and Discuss what’s new in Infectious Diseases in 2016 and Malaria epidemiology and prevention as well as what are the new antibiotics and how should they best be used.
• Describe and Interpret common fungal infections of the skin and nails and tick borne infections as well as how to best manage infectious causes of abnormal liver enzymes.
• Describe the risk factors and how to best manage associated with extreme travel as well as travel to India
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of: recurring C. Diff infections, travel vaccines, travelers’ diarrhea and health management of immigrants and refugees.
• List and discuss Hepatitis B & C treatments as well as how to sort out antibiotic allergies
• Recommend appropriate investigations and management of animal associated human infections, travel related skin infections and GI parasitic infections.
• Identify and discuss how to approach infections in the returning traveler and internet related infection diagnosis.