Nova Clinical Services, a Vancouver Island based company, has been coordinating Continuing Medical Education Conferences in Victoria, BC for Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists and other Health Care Workers for over fifteen years. Our goal is to provide affordable CME events which are clinically useful to a wide range of Health Care Professionals.
Mark Your Calendars Now:
- Internal Medicine Update: March 8, 2014
- Infectious Diseases Update, November 7 & 8, 2014
Infectious Diseases Update Conference 2013
Hot Topics and What’s New
November 8 & 9, 2013
Victoria Conference Centre
This event would be applicable to Family Physicians, Hospitalists, ER Physicians, Internal Medicine, Infection Control, Surgeons, Sub-Specialists, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, and Other Allied Health Care Workers.
This program has been accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the British Columbia Chapter for up to 12 Mainpro-M1 credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity eligible for up to 12.25 Section 1 credits as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. This program has been reviewed and approved by UBC Division of Continuing Professional Development.
This year’s very popular sixteenth annual Infectious Diseases Update will cover many hot and clinically relevant topics in the ever evolving field of Infectious Diseases. Our organizing committee has brought together a group of speakers who have excellent teaching and presentation skills. The topics covered will be clinically orientated in order to bring you up to date on the most current developments and recent advances in a wide number of issues that you may encounter in your daily practice.
Why You Should Attend
91% of attendees at this event in 2012 reported that the presentations met the stated learning objectives and would change their practice.
“This is my favorite conference of the year” “Excellent as always”.
As a result of attending this program, the participant will be able to apply current knowledge to treat a wide range of Infectious Diseases. Throughout the conference participants will be able to: Network with expert speakers, and fellow colleagues to discuss and resolve some of their infectious diseases related questions.
Upon completion of the conference participants will be able to:
• Identify current recommended diagnosis and treatments for emerging infectious diseases as well as Staphylococcus aureus and Clostridium difficile .
• Discuss infection control in the era of ARO’s as well as antibiotic stewardship in relation to respiratory tract infections and the effective counseling of patients who are vaccine adverse. • Recognize cutaneous manifestations of infectious diseases and describe how to manage them. • Describe the risk factors and management of infectious disease emergencies
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of Lyme Diseases in Western Canada as well as the investigation and treatment of a patient with recurrent infections and recurrent UTI’s.
• List specific common ophthalmologic infections you should not miss as well as which patients with infections can be treated with IV therapy without hospital admission.
• Recommend appropriate treatment and management of Hepatitis C, complex wound infections, bacteremia & septic shock, STI’s, and diabetic lower limb infections.
• Identify the management and diagnosis of prostatitis and other GU infections in men.